Friday, March 21, 2008

Carl Street Vistas

Crepes on Cole SOLD
oil on panel
5 x 7 inches


Train Tunnel Color Study
oil on panel

5 x 7 inches


Sunset on Carl St
oil on panel

5 x 7 inches


Today I did all these studies while set up on one stretch of sidewalk. Just as I was done and packed up the sun started to set and I unpacked everything for one final sketch.

I'm so excited about my new plein air / open air pant box! I posted a picture below (you can see part of the train tunnel just to the right). It's perfect: there are compartments for my paints, my palette, my brush cleaner and even wet paintings. As you can see I hang my brushes off the side in my own adaptation. I love my "pochade" box so much, I just ordered a second tiny one, the little "Thumb Box" to bring to Paris with me. (I leave for Paris in less than a month!). I bought my wonderful "pochade" boxes at www.pochade.com.