Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Wax Paper and Ribbon: Session 8
I worked on refining the ribbons more, and another pass on the right half of the wax paper but still fairly general values, nothing specific. I also did a layer to darken down the background, and applied a layer of transparent glaze overall.
I've been having trouble with the under layers "lifting off", and I think it's because the medium I was using contained turpentine/thinner. I switched to a medium of just linseed and stand, no turp at all, and I'm hoping this starts sealing down each layer so I'm not struggling so much with applying the paint.
I'm still filming, but I'll probably just post a nice big movie of the whole process at the end.
Posted by Sadie J. Valeri at 8:21 PM