Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Le Shed





I had my studio built last year in a tiny space where a decrepit tool shed used to be. I designed it to fit against our odd-shaped bay window-ed house, avoiding a medallion window we wanted to preserve. So it's like a puzzle piece wedged into a concave shape between the house and the outer fence. Anyway, it will be open for Open Studios so you can check out my quirky little Art Shed if you are local!

This is a sneak preview of my for-sale paintings framed and hung for my opening, and also a preview of the new setup for a little painting of lilies I am hoping to crank out quickly. It will be interesting painting flowers, because my last 3 paintings took 3 weeks each, and these flowers will change much faster than that! How did the Dutch masters paint all those ephemeral dewdrops and beetles?

UPDATE
Open Studios for my neighborhood is the weekend of October 11/12. My studio will be open both days 10am-6pm. There are some good brunch places in my neighborhood, so make a day of it! You can get a guide listing all the open studio locations at most coffee shops in San Francisco. The map will also be included in the Bay Guardian newspaper the week before. Email me sadiej [at] gmail.com for my studio address if you need help finding me. More info at www.artspan.org