Thursday, September 30, 2010

Arcadia Small Works Show


Last week I flew to NYC to attend the Arcadia Small Works show. It was a whirlwind 2 days, wedged between my teaching and studio commitments here in SF, and even though New York managed to be sweltering and steamy even in late September this year, I'm so glad I went!


I can't find a list of all the artists represented on the show, but here are several of them: Daniel SprickBrad KunkleJeremy LipkingNancy DepewMalcom LiepkeDaniel AdelMichael KlineJulio ReyesNatalie FeatherstonRobert LiberaceJoseph TodorovichKerry BrooksCesar Santader, and many more I'm missing I am sure....

I am lucky enough that one of my best and oldest friends, Kyra, has a fabulous studio flat in Brooklyn and she graciously lets me crash on her pull-out whenever I need a NYC fix, which is a couple times a year. I am also lucky that many old friends have ended up in Brooklyn, so I had a wonderful group of friendly faces to meet me at the door of the show.







My fabulous co-founders of Women Painting Women, Diane and Alia

and 4 of the 12 of us  were at the show:

I feel so amazed and blessed that my impulse last year to create the WPW blog has connected me to such an amazing network of women artists. I look forward to meeting even more of them in person next month in Charleston, SC at Robert Lange's Women Painting Women show!

And thank you Garth Herrick for taking so many great photos and documenting the evening.