Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hudson Fellowship Day II

View of Katerskill Falls with fellow sketchers at the bottom


Boulder with small waterfalls
graphite and white charcoal on toned paper
approx 9 x 12 inches

Tree roots with glimpse of waterfall
graphite and white charcoal on toned paper
approx 9 x 12 inches

I worked most the day lower down the trail, well below the falls. The river has boulders and fallen trees making miniature waterfalls all along it.

After 7 hours of drawing and light hiking I was very done for the day.... but had to wait for my more intrepid fellows to wrap it up before I could get a ride home. My fellow landscapers are a hearty bunch. Luckily a short rainfall came along and sent enough packing for me to catch a ride. (And luckily I was well prepared for rain after yesterdays' deluge.)

I definitely want to go back to the falls another day and work there again. But next time I'm taking my own transportation!

PS: The Grand Central Academy has it's own blog and they are updating the blog with posts about the Landscape Fellowship as well, lots of cool photos of our locations: