Monday, December 18, 2006

Full Spectrum Lamp

This is my new lamp, it clamps to the top of my easel and has a flexible arm so I can move it around. I haven't actually painted with it and I'm not convinced it's true "natural daylight" as it claims, but the white light looks pretty good. I'll report back after I paint under it.

Edited to add: I found a whole chapter devoted to green on the handprint.com site - guess I'm not the only one who has problems with green!

NEW UPDATE -- April 6 2007
I am not very happy with this lamp after all. The light color is great, but the problem is the arm is too stiff. It attaches very securely to the easel, but it will not move where I want it to go. Very annoying. A few people have asked which lamp it is:
This is the lamp I have
This is the lamp I am thinking of buying