Wednesday, October 01, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different: Collage!

Wow, I had so much fun....

I used to do a lot of collage (before I got back into painting) and I have boxes of cool vintage-y stuff I never got around to using.

After a month of having the flu, setting up my space for Open Studio, and attempting a new painting that completely flopped, I decided to have some fun and haul out my stash of goddesses, divas, and french postcards...


This is just sneak preview of some layouts I'm playing around with, had fun photographing them with my new camera lens - shallow depth of field is yummy!!

Next step is to lacquer everything down with layers of gold leaf, sepia stain, tissue papers and varnish... it's so fun to get back to my little collages! Stay tuned for scans of the final images - all of which will be framed and for sale at my Open Studio October 11/12!

In other news, I decided last-minute to sign up for Michael Grimaldi's drawing class starting in just a few days. I'm so excited because I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but in the end the scheduling came together.

Finally, a reminder my studio will be open as part of the official San Francisco Artspan Open Studios October 11 & 12, 11am-6pm both days. I also submitted my most recent oil painting, Wax Paper and Ribbon to the open studios artists group exhibition. There are opening events for that show this weekend October 4/5 and I'll be at both events, hope to see you there!