Monday, October 16, 2006

Day 1 - Two Pears on Gold - SOLD

My first of 30 paintings in 30 days!

This one is 10" x 10" and I painted the pears on a gold leaf background - a new technique I am trying out.

I prepared the canvas by applying a layer of golden leaf (which are very thin sheets of faux gold foil) and painting it with brown for an antique-looking background. The oil painting was then done on top of the golden background, which makes the finished painting glow and reflect the light in places. The appearance of the painting shifts according to the light and angle, so as you walk by it gradually changes.

Unfortunately the foil and the wet paint make it difficult to photograph without getting a pale "haze" over the image, so the actual is a bit more saturated in tone and color.

Thanks for coming to look! If you want an email notification when I update this site with my new painting each day, please enter your email address in the form to the right (your email address will not be shared in any way).