Sunday, October 22, 2006

Day 7 - Wine Country SOLD

4 x 6 inches, watercolor on paper

We were gone all day visiting wine country, but I brought along my travel watercolor kit and managed to do a painting between tastings. This is the view from Rombauer Winery in the Napa Valley.

We don't get much of an autumn in San Francisco - in fact, it hit 80F on this late October weekend - but the fields and vinyards are turning colors up in Napa. Made me a bit homesick for New England, where I lived until 6 years ago. But I don't miss those winters!

Nowell snapped some shots of me painting, here are a couple:




No eBay link today because this one is sold already! Our friend Christina's father is visiting from Iowa, and he bought the painting on the spot to commemorate our California wine tasting day. Thank you, Dennis, I am honored!